What does our mission mean to us?
Preparing . . .
Clovis High School is preparing students for post-secondary success in career and college by:
- Including literacy and numeracy activities in every core, elective, and career-tech class.
- Guiding all students in the selection of a career pathway.
- Involving all students in project-based learning in every core, elective, and career-tech class.
- Offering a variety of advanced placement and dual credit courses.
All . . .
Every CHS student, no exceptions!
Success . . .
- Proficiency on the NMSBA
- College scholarships
- Jobs after high school
- Certification in a skill, field or job
- College Credits during high school
- Competitive ACT score
- College Enrollment and college diploma
- Military service
CHS - "Preparing All Students for a Lifetime of Success"
1. Every student has worth, is capable of learning,
and can achieve high standards.
2. When students are provided with a safe, caring,
and engaging environment, instruction is more
3. Learning will occur when instruction is relevant to
students and includes the use of real world
4. Students have better attendance and behavior
when they feel connected to the school
5. Communication and collaboration are essential to
the learning process.
6. Students and faculty must have both short and
long-term goals in order to succeed.
7. When teachers and students have high
expectations of each other, learning will occur.
8. Learning is a partnership involving students,
parents, administrators, and the community.
Educational Plan for Student Success
In line with the No Child Left Behind Law, the New Mexico Public Education Department requires every school in New Mexico to develop a long-range strategic plan to promote student success and continuous school improvements. This plan sets clear goals, implementation strategies, and evaluation measures to determine its success. The CHS plan is updated and sent to the New Mexico Department of Education on a quarterly basis.
To View and Download the CHS EPSS Strategies for 2011-12 Click Here [+]